Welcome back to Yoga for Term 2!
Classes commence on the 19th of April.
This term, we are going to be focusing on a deep relaxation technique called “Yoga Nidra”, for the relaxation at the end of class. Yoga Nidra has made it’s way in to the mainstream of late because of it’s use with military veterans, who unfortunately experience high levels of stress and trauma and then the subsequent PTSD. Although we might not have experienced the same level of stress that veterans do, we all, to some degree, store past stress in our body, whilst also dealing with chronic stress, pain, anxiety and depression on a daily basis.Yoga Nidra can benefit anyone who wants to increase general health and well-being, but can be particularly good for insomnia, chronic pain, anxiety and depression.
Some effects and benefits of a regular Yoga Nidra practice on our bodies:
- Increases serotonin levels.This is a neurotransmitter that makes us feel happier and calmer, so increasing serotonin levels may be beneficial in aiding depression and anxiety related disorders and is also said to help with compulsive behaviors such as addictions.
- Increases endorphins, which helps with reducing chronic pain and depression.
- Balances melatonin levels, therefore assisting with sleep disturbances.
- Boosts Human Growth Hormone (HGH) which slows the aging process and helps regeneration of organs and tissues.
- Reduces Cortisol, the hormone produce in response to chronic stress. We need cortisol but too much for too long can be damaging to the body and has a particularly detrimental effect on the immune system and sleep patterns.
Free new Yoga Nidra download
If you are interested in practicing Yoga Nidra on a regular basis at home, Bhumi has a recorded a new version to download, click the link here or go to our website. All our yoga audio’s are FREE downloads.
Yoga Nidra can be practiced at any time of the day from when you first wake up or maybe in the afternoon or in bed just before sleep.
Term 2 is an 11 week term.
Monday the 19th of April through to
Thursday the 1st of July.
Prices are the same, but just adjusted for the extra week.
Full term (11weeks) $176 Zoom Yoga $143
First class $19 Casual $22
Second class $10
The seasons are changing and as we move into the cooler month’s, it’s a good idea to bring a jumper or a blanket for the relaxation.